If your washing machine is throwing up an error code, reach out to Laundry Equipment Services or your nearest service company for help. In the meantime, we understand that you need to get the laundry out of the machine. Here are step by step instruction on how to manually unlock a washing machine door. For this example we use Huebsch commercial laundry equipment, but the process is the same for other commercial laundry equipment.
Unlock a Washing Machine Door
- Write down the error code that appears on your machine so that you have it when requesting service.
- Turn off the power on the washing machine.
- Unplug the washing machine from the power source.
- Wait 15 minutes, you will hear the door latch click when the door releases. At this point you can open the door.
- If the door does not unlock. Call Laundry Equipment Services or your nearest service provider, and request that a technician come to diagnose your machine.
- Once clothing is removed, plug the machine back in to restore power.
- Turn the machine on and re-start it. If the same error occurs request service from Laundry Equipment Services or your nearest service provider.
If you found this helpful, please be sure to let us know via email. Also be sure to check out our YouTube channel where we post a weekly video each Saturday. These videos contain how to information about commercial laundry equipment. We also address other commercial laundry topics such as marketing, laundy startup and more. Our videos are created based on feedback that we receive from our customers.
For similar information we post monthly articles on everything from storing linens to drain trough specs. Be sure to read our other blogs as well. If you have a question please email us so that we can get you an answer.